- Civil Disputes & Litigation
- Divorce, Children & Family Law
- Elderly Client
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Personal Injury/Clinical Negligence
- Residential Property
- Wills, Trusts & Probate
- Business Start-up
- Commercial Disputes
- Commercial Property
- Contracts & Agreements
- Corporate Acquisitions & Disposals
- Debt Recovery
- Commercial Planning
- Planning for Individuals
- Planning for Local Authorities
- The Whipps Line (Planning Blog)
Our team of employment solicitors offer flexible and cost-effective employment advice to small and medium sized employers across Essex.
Whether you are looking to draft contracts that protect your position or require legal representation at an employment tribunal, Holmes & Hills offer specialist and effective employment law support.
Our team deals with a wide range of employment law matters and has a wealth of experience successfully advising and representing clients on:
- Employment tribunals
- Discipline procedure
- Compromise agreements
- Employment contracts
- TUPE – employment aspects of business acquisitions and disposals
- Employment rights
Flexible employment advice services:
To meet the unique demands of small and medium sized employers who often require ad hoc legal advice on employment matters, Holmes & Hills Solicitors have launched two new services specifically designed to offer flexible support as and when you need it.
These flexible employment services include:
1. Fixed-price employment documents – Have a range of employment documents professionally produced and tailored to your business to give you the maximum protection from potential employment claims.
With this service you benefit from:
- A set fixed price with no hidden costs and no risk of increased fees.
- A price that includes meeting with a specialist employment solicitor to ensure the exact needs and operations of your business are conveyed in your documents.
- Having your employment documents professionally prepared giving you greater protection from claims and tribunals.
- A service offering access to a full range of employment documents, including:
|Fixed price employment documents||Fee|
|Employee handbooks||£300 +VAT|
|Written statements of employment particulars||£150 +VAT|
|Employment contracts||£250 +VAT|
|Service agreements for senior staff||£300 +VAT|
|Compromise agreements||£300 +VAT|
|Consultancy agreement||£250 +VAT|
2. Employment Advice Line – Our advice line gives you access to expert legal advice and support on all employment matters without any monthly fee or fixed contract.
With this service you benefit from:
- Specialist advice and support as and when you need it – our solicitors are only a phone call away.
- A reduced fee rate.
- Only paying for the advice and time you use.
Free employment law updates and seminars:
Users of Holmes & Hills’ Employment services also receive free legal updates concerning changes in employment law through the firm’s Bulletin newsletter and e-mail updates. You will also receive invitations to free employment law seminars updating you on all important changes to employment law and giving you the opportunity to quiz our specialists on any employment matters that are concerning you.
Specialist advice and representation at employment tribunals:
Whilst our services aim to prevent and avoid employment tribunals so as to minimise any costs to you the employer, where such proceedings do ensue we are able to offer you specialist legal advice, support and representation at every stage. Seeking specialist advice can ensure you are in a strong position to defend your rights as an employer against any claims or accusations made by an employee or group of employees.
Meet our team
Managing Partner & Head of Civil Litigation Team
Chartered Legal Executive in Employment & Litigation Teams
Partner & Head of Company & Commercial Team