- Civil Disputes & Litigation
- Divorce, Children & Family Law
- Elderly Client
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Personal Injury/Clinical Negligence
- Residential Property
- Wills, Trusts & Probate
- Business Start-up
- Commercial Disputes
- Commercial Property
- Contracts & Agreements
- Corporate Acquisitions & Disposals
- Debt Recovery
- Commercial Planning
- Planning for Individuals
- Planning for Local Authorities
- The Whipps Line (Planning Blog)
Domestic Violence & Harassment
Quick links on this page:
If you find yourself in a violent relationship or the victim of harassment, Holmes & Hills’ family law solicitors are able to give you the urgent specialist legal advice and support you need.
Domestic violence can take a variety of forms:
Our family solicitors have many years experience advising and supporting domestic violence and harassment victims in a wide range of circumstances.
Holmes & Hills’ family solicitors are able to apply for these legally binding court orders without your violent partner knowing you have applied for them until they have been granted. This protects you and any children from any possible retaliation. Court orders we can apply for on your behalf include:
Non molestation orders - Our solicitors are able to obtain injunctions which prevent your partner or attacker from harassing you further, or from threatening you, or any children, with further violence.
Occupation orders – Our solicitors can obtain occupation orders which grant you and any children occupation of the family home, even if you do not own it, so you are not left with no where to go.
In addition to granting these orders, judges also have powers to impose obligations on individuals, such as to pay the rent or mortgage on a family home.
Holmes & Hills’ Family Department offers full legal advice and support in cases of harassment or domestic violence for a single fixed-fee, that includes our fees for applying for any court orders such as those above.
|Domestic violence/harassment service||Fee|
|Injunction proceedings||£600 +VAT|
|Court fees||£70 (per application)|
This service includes:
- An initial meeting with your solicitor
- Preparing your application
- Support with a sworn statement
- Directions for court
- Attending the first hearing of the injunction
- Corresponding with you, the court and any solicitor for the other party
This service does not include:
- Any agents fee for serving any injunction order obtained
- Any subsequent court hearings or contested hearings before the judge
- Any experts fees (your solicitor will tell you whether these are likely to be incurred)
- Any change in court fees or the rate of VAT
Our solicitors will not only give you the urgent advice and support you need on making court orders, obtaining injunctions and making short-term alternative arrangements. They will also advise you on more long term issues such as:
- How to formally separate from a violent partner
- Making long term living arrangements, both for you and any children
- Arranging ongoing contact with, and protection of, any children
- Dealing with issues relating to the family home, such as ownership and/or sale.
Meet our team
Partner & Head of Family Team
Solicitor in Family Team
Assistant Solicitor in Family Team