- Civil Disputes & Litigation
- Divorce, Children & Family Law
- Elderly Client
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Personal Injury/Clinical Negligence
- Residential Property
- Wills, Trusts & Probate
- Business Start-up
- Commercial Disputes
- Commercial Property
- Contracts & Agreements
- Corporate Acquisitions & Disposals
- Debt Recovery
- Commercial Planning
- Planning for Individuals
- Planning for Local Authorities
- The Whipps Line (Planning Blog)
Cosmetic Surgery Compensation
The number of cosmetic surgery procedures being undertaken in the UK has been increasing dramatically year on year. As the number of procedures has risen so to has the number of people claiming compensation for when these procedures have undesirable outcomes or go wrong.
Compensation for cosmetic surgery:
Holmes & Hills provides compensation claim advice relating to a wide range of cosmetic surgery procedures, including:
- Breast augmentation (breast implants)/ breast reduction
- Facelift (ryhtidectomy)
- Botox injections
- Nose reshaping (rhinoplasty)
- Tummy tucks (abdominoplasty)
- Gastric bands
- Laser eye surgery
- Penile Enhancement
When might you be able to claim cosmetic surgery compensation?
Every plastic surgeon has a duty of care towards their patients. If you have suffered unnecessarily during or after your operation, or you believe your surgeon has not satisfied their duty of care because of how they treated you before, during, or after your surgery, then your surgeon may well be deemed negligent.
What your cosmetic surgeon should do:
- Explain exactly what is involved in the surgery and what options you have.
- Inform you of all the possible risks associated with the cosmetic procedure and ensure you understand these.
- Meet with you for a consultation before you decide to go through with the surgery. At this consultation your surgeon should discuss the procedure with you and answer any questions you may have.
- Give you a cooling-off period after your consultation so you have an opportunity to consider your options and change your mind.
What your plastic surgeon should not do:
- Carry out any cosmetic procedure without first meeting you for a consultation.
- Give you unrealistic expectations of what the surgery may achieve.
- Try to persuade you to go through with a procedure when you are undecided as to whether you really want it. (Hard sell techniques)
Can you claim compensation for your plastic surgery?
You may be able to make a claim for compensation if:
- There was a surgical error made during your procedure.
- You have had to undergo further procedures to repair complications or damage caused by your initial surgery.
- You suffered unnecessarily during or after your cosmetic procedure e.g. an unusually prolonged and painful recovery.
- You were not properly warned of the risks involved in your procedure or received conflicting advice.
The risks associated with each plastic surgery procedure differ greatly and the way in which you would have been dealt with by your surgeon is also likely to differ from other people’s experience.
Specialist clinical negligence solicitors:
Holmes & Hills Solicitors has a large team of clinical negligence and personal injury specialists. The team act on behalf of clients across the country on a wide range of cosmetic surgery compensation claims.
Making a claim for cosmetic surgery compensation can be a stressful and emotional process, having to revisit what is often a traumatic period of your life. Holmes & Hills’ team of solicitors offer personal and sympathetic advice to clients. They are available to speak to when you need them and can meet with you face to face to discuss your case with you.
Holmes & Hills offer compensation claim advice and representation on a no-win, no-fee basis.
To discuss your case with a specialist and determine whether you may be able to make a claim for compensation, call us on 01376 320456.
Meet our team
Partner & Head of Personal Injury Team
Partner & Head of Personal Injury Team
Chartered Legal Executive in Clinical Negligence Team
Chartered Legal Executive in Personal Injury Team
Litigation Executive in Personal Injury Team