- Civil Disputes & Litigation
- Divorce, Children & Family Law
- Elderly Client
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Personal Injury/Clinical Negligence
- Residential Property
- Wills, Trusts & Probate
- Business Start-up
- Commercial Disputes
- Commercial Property
- Contracts & Agreements
- Corporate Acquisitions & Disposals
- Debt Recovery
- Commercial Planning
- Planning for Individuals
- Planning for Local Authorities
- The Whipps Line (Planning Blog)
If you are involved in the construction industry, you will know that when faced with a dispute, you need advice from someone who has genuine experience in the field. Our Managing Partner, Mark Cornell, has been working within the sector for more than 12 years.
Examples of construction claims where we have acted:
- Representing a developer who was building more than 100 units on a claim against its engineers for a defective drainage design. The claim was for the cost of remediation works and consequential loss of sales.
- Acting for an architect against a national house builder for infringement of the architect’s intellectual property rights in drawings. The claim was settled for substantial damages.
- Defending a developer on a claim by a Housing Association about noise attenuation problems in two blocks of flats.
- Advising clients on a claim against an architect who had negligently certified the satisfactory completion of works.
- We have considerable experience of advising contractors and employers on Adjudications whether under the Scheme or under contractual adjudication terms. The focus of construction litigation is now on Adjudications and clients need someone who has the appropriate experience.
In addition to the contentious work types mentioned above we can also assist with the drafting of the forms of construction contracts (JCT and PPC), contractors agreements and employment contracts.
Keeping you up to date with legal developments:
Holmes & Hills’ Litigation, Commercial and Planning & Development teams organise free seminars for clients, partners and contacts, covering important legislation and changes to this legislation so you can keep abreast of legal developments affecting you and your company.
We also publish a Property & Construction newsletter which is distributed to over 700 business leaders and professionals across the region.
Meet our team
Managing Partner & Head of Civil Litigation Team
Solicitor in Civil Litigation Team