The Archiving And Stored Documents Co-ordinator role
To manage the archiving of the firm’s files in accordance with firm policy and procedure. This includes preparing and scanning files to the Central Management System (CMS); co-ordinating the stored documents archive for indexing, booking in and out; and delivering and returning files to and from other offices. The role requires lifting and loading boxes of files, climbing ladders/steps at the warehouse unit/storage facility and driving the firms van to deliver files across the six offices.
- Archive files in accordance with the firms’ archiving policy
- Travel to the firm’s offices on a regular and frequent basis on a routinely planned cycle
- Prepare content of files for scanning, eg removal of staples, clips, treasury tags, etc
- Scan and conduct checks to ensure accuracy and assist with weekly audit of scanned files
- Collect closed files from each office and deliver empty archiving boxes when requested to do so
- Retrieve files requested from the firm’s storage facility and scan or deliver to appropriate recipient/office
- Destroy files according to the firms’ destruction policy
- Liaise with the firm’s Confidential Waste Bin provider as to when bins are full and need emptying
- Index deeds/documents for retention in safe storage and place in store at appropriate office
- Retrieve deeds/documents from storage requested by members of staff and/or for collection by clients and to update stored document records
- To prepare and schedule deeds/documents for collection by clients at each office and update records once collection is confirmed
- Other adhoc projects and tasks
What experience do I need?
- Administration experience
- Experience working without immediate supervision and able to use your own initiative
What skills should I have?
- Over 25 years old and have a clean drivers’ licence (for insurance purposes)
- IT literate and familiar with Outlook
- Strong organisational skills and a willing and helpful approach to work
About the company
Holmes & Hills Solicitors is a large and growing regional law firm with its heart in East Anglia. From six offices across Essex and Suffolk - including the brand new 14,000 sq ft A12 Commercial Hub at J25 of the A12 - our 140 legal industry professionals work in partnership with clients to provide truly proactive legal services through personal relationships.
Acting as a trusted advisor to individuals, businesses and local authorities, the solicitors and support staff at Holmes & Hills take the time to understand clients’ objectives before delivering practical advice through a personal and accessible approach.
We apologise, but due to the volume of applications we are currently receiving, we may not always be able to respond to unsuccessful applicants.