The PA to Managing Partners role
To provide comprehensive PA support to two Managing Partners to enable the Partners to fulfil their Managing Partner and Fee Earning roles by acting as the first point of contact.
The day to day
Arrange and attend daily meeting with each Partner to proactively assist with the following:
- Provide diary management support including arranging and scheduling meetings , acceptance and declines, organising diary entries, ensuring adequate time allocation/travel time for meetings.
- Produce, collate information, organise and ensure the distribution of papers/reports in advance of internal and client meetings.
- Follow up on agreed action items from meetings.
- Taking notes at meetings, preparing the minutes and subsequently distributing to all participants.
- Handling and responding to correspondence including phone calls, emails and letters for agreed clients. Accurately responding to routine correspondence and enquiries.
- Provide email management support including management of meeting requests, organisation and filtering of email.
- Setting reminders and planning for annual management activities on a monthly basis e.g. appraisals, salary reviews, Business Planning, PI renewal, Lexcel Audits
- Provide secretarial duties for fee earner work including typing documents, letters, attendance notes, file notes & bills, via Bighand digitial dictation and using the Case Management System. Preparation of Court Bundles.
- Arranging and booking Partner events e.g. Partner Away weekend
- Preparing monthly expenses for submission to Accounts
- Coordinating and assisting with adhoc tasks/projects as requested e.g. office moves, new office openings
What experience do I need?
- Previous experience working as a PA ( minimum 3 years) to Senior Partners/ Directors in a law firm or other professional services environment.
- Previous experience (minimum 3 years ) of working in a law firm providing secretarial support ideally within a Commercial Property or Litigation Team – not essential but would be beneficial.
What skills should I have?
- Excellent communication (written & verbal), organisational and inter-personal skills, with the ability to establish and maintain a professional working rapport with both Clients and other members of the Firm.
- Ability to prioritise, multi task and manage a large workload effectively and efficiently to meet the demands of two Managing Partners.
- Willing, proactive and helpful team working approach.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong command of the English language.
About the company
Holmes & Hills Solicitors is a large and growing regional law firm with its heart in East Anglia. From six offices across Essex and Suffolk - including the A12 Commercial Hub at J25 of the A12 - our in excess of 160 legal industry professionals work in partnership with clients to provide truly proactive legal services through personal relationships.
Acting as a trusted advisor to individuals, businesses and local authorities, the solicitors and support staff at Holmes & Hills take the time to understand clients’ objectives before delivering practical advice through a personal and accessible approach.
We apologise, but due to the volume of applications we are currently receiving, we may not always be able to respond to unsuccessful applicants.