The Post-Exchange – New Build & Shared Ownership role
In this role you will work in a fast-paced conveyancing department which specialises in new build and shared ownership transactions. Your role will be to support the fee earners with their cases. You will be speaking with clients and referrers on a daily basis whilst progressing files. You will be closely supervised by Keeley Livingstone, Head of New Build, Partner who will be close at hand to support you developing in the role.
The day to day
- Preparing the memorandum of exchange and all post exchange correspondence
- Completion of all Stamp Duty Land Tax returns
- Submitting the land registry priority searches and bankruptcy searches via the land registry portal
- Preparing Certificates of Title for submission to lenders
- Preparing Help to Buy submission to the relevant provider and associated paperwork
- Preparing invoices and completion statements
- Preparing in advance of completion all paperwork and correspondence
- On completion days dealing with telephone calls, notifying all parties of progress and completion and submitting the stamp duty land tax returns
- Updating Help to Buy following completion with regards to completed documents and registration
- Updating the LMS and Lender Exchange portals with all post completion tasks up to the point of registration
- Submission of applications to change the Register (AP1) and First Registrations (FR1) of properties
- Dealing with requisitions raised by the land registry
- Maintain the team spreadsheet, where necessary, with the tasks relevant to your role in the transactions
- Reviewing of files to ensure Stamp Duty and Registrations were submitted within the required timeframes
- Monitoring of file on which a retention or other monies are held and following up when required for release of those funds
What experience do I need?
To be successful in this role you must have knowledge of Residential Property Conveyancing and it would be beneficial if you had knowledge of the help to buy process.
What skills should I have?
- Great interpersonal skills
- A team player
- Great at being able to juggle multiple priorities
What are we offering?
A supportive, relaxed and flexible work environment with the opportunity to progress your legal career.
About the company
Holmes & Hills Solicitors is a large and growing regional law firm with its heart in East Anglia. From six offices across Essex and Suffolk - including the brand new 14,000 sq ft A12 Commercial Hub at J25 of the A12 - our 140 legal industry professionals work in partnership with clients to provide truly proactive legal services through personal relationships.
Acting as a trusted advisor to individuals, businesses and local authorities, the solicitors and support staff at Holmes & Hills take the time to understand clients’ objectives before delivering practical advice through a personal and accessible approach.
We apologise, but due to the volume of applications we are currently receiving, we may not always be able to respond to unsuccessful applicants.