The Private Client Fee Earner Role
We are currently recruiting for a Private Client Fee Earner to support the strategic growth of Holmes & Hills’ Private Client alongside and in Partnership with the firm’s existing Private Client Team. The successful candidate will advise and take instructions from clients on a range of Private Client matters to include administering Estates and Wills, Powers of Attorney and Tax Planning Matters.
You will have a proven track record in delivering expert legal advice and high service levels to clients, whilst working independently on your own caseload.
The Day to Day:
- To advise clients and follow their instruction on legal matters relating to Private Client
- Create and manage correspondence and document files for each individual client matter according to the standards laid down by the firm and other governing bodies
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients and with other professional contacts
- Keep abreast of developments in the law in related subjects as necessary, taking responsibility for self-development and ensuring CPD is observed.
- To co-operate with other Private Client team members and other members of the firm and the legal community as a whole to further the maintenance of high-quality professional service for clients and the community.
- Supervise secretarial and other support staff assigned to carry out support tasks in the Private Client Department.
- To ensure firm’s procedures are followed when recording time and managing the billing process
What experience do I need?
You must be a Solicitor or Legal Executive. You must be able to demonstrate:
- A solid understanding of administering estates
- Experience of drafting wills and Powers of Attorney
- Experience in providing Inheritance Tax Planning advice.
What skills should I have?
- Must possess the ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels
- Must be able to impart key information in a manner which is easily understood
- Self-motivated, organised with the ability to prioritise and manage own workload.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure.
- Proactive thinker.
What are we offering?
A supportive, relaxed and flexible work environment with the opportunity to contribute to the growth of the team and firm.
About Holmes & Hills Solicitors
Holmes & Hills Solicitors is a large and growing regional law firm with its heart in East Anglia. From six offices across Essex and Suffolk - including the brand new 14,000 sq ft A12 Commercial Hub at J25 of the A12 - our 140 legal industry professionals work in partnership with clients to provide truly proactive legal services through personal relationships.
Acting as a trusted advisor to individuals, businesses and local authorities, the solicitors and support staff at Holmes & Hills take the time to understand clients’ objectives before delivering practical advice through a personal and accessible approach.