The Residential Team Secretary role
In this role you will provide secretarial support in our Halstead and Coggeshall offices (3 days in Halstead/2 days in Coggeshall) to the Residential team. The role is expected to use a high degree of self-management and initiative and to produce work of a high specification.
The day to day
- Typing documents, letters, attendance notes, file notes & bills, via Bighand digital dictation
- Using Precedent for Windows to check/amend client data held on the accounting system
- Using Microsoft Office, Case Management, Oyez forms and other software applications, including use of auto text and document templates
- Dealing with residential property enquiries, including issuing conveyancing quotations
- Filing which will include daily filing and the opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files in accordance with the detailed procedures contained in the Office Manual.
- Preparing the mail and enclosures for despatch.
- Making appointments, arranging meetings and maintaing an up-to-date diary for the Fee Earner/s you are covering
- Ensuring case files are managed in accordance with the requirements of the office manual and using your initiative to ensure fee earner matters are kept in order
- Simple drafting of letters
- Attending clients both in person and on the telephone and providing support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the Firm’s standards for client care.
- Ensuring the confidentiality of all the Firm’s and clients’ documentation and information.
- Assisting clients with updates and enquiries on their matters in the absence of the Fee Earner
What experience do I need?
This role will suit an experienced Legal Secretary who has worked in a conveyancing department previously. You should be comfortable with all Microsoft Office applications and if you have experience using SOS this is a plus.
What skills should I have?
- good communication skills
- Team Player
- Attention to detail
- Fast word-processing and audio-typing skills
What are we offering?
A competitive salary with a supportive, relaxed and flexible work environment.
About the company
Holmes & Hills Solicitors is a large and growing regional law firm with its heart in East Anglia. From six offices across Essex and Suffolk - including the brand new 14,000 sq ft A12 Commercial Hub at J25 of the A12 - our 140 legal industry professionals work in partnership with clients to provide truly proactive legal services through personal relationships.
Acting as a trusted advisor to individuals, businesses and local authorities, the solicitors and support staff at Holmes & Hills take the time to understand clients’ objectives before delivering practical advice through a personal and accessible approach.
We apologise, but due to the volume of applications we are currently receiving, we may not always be able to respond to unsuccessful applicants.