The Team Support Assistant role
The prime role of the Team Support Assistant is to provide secretarial and administrative support to the team to aid them in operating at optimum efficiency. The role requires a high degree of self-management and initiative and to produce work of a high specification. Full and part time ( minimum 3 days) applications would be considered.
The day to day
- Input all client related data on to our case management system (SOS)
- Using SOS to produce Help to Buy application documents for submission
- Ordering search packs via the online search portal
- By telephone, liaising with mortgage lenders and Help to Buy agents for updates and progression
- Assisting the New Leads Enquiry team with the issuing of quotes when required
- Typing documents, letters, attendance notes, file notes & bills, via Bighand digital dictation (Head of Dept only).
- Some scanning and photocopying of key documents
- Use of Microsoft Office, Case Management, Oyez forms and other software applications, including use of auto text and document templates.
- To undertake any specific training when required to do so and overall to have a responsibility towards self-development.
- To ensure the confidentiality of all the firm’s and clients’ documentation and information.
What skills should I have?
- Trained in secretarial practice.
- Fast and accurate word-processing and audio-typing skills.
- To proofread documents produced to ensure a high level of accuracy before returning to the relevant fee earner/team
- To maintain firm policy with regards to templates used
- Preferably previous experience as a legal secretary or experience of working in an alternative professional office.
- Excellent communication (written & verbal) and inter-personal skills, with the ability to establish and maintain a professional working rapport with internal clients and other members of the Firm.
- Ability to prioritise and manage a large workload effectively and efficiently to meet the demands of the firm.
- Willingness to learn, to continue to develop knowledge and skills and progress within the Firm
- Willing and helpful team working approach
- To be flexible in working approach
About the company
Holmes & Hills Solicitors is a large and growing regional law firm with its heart in East Anglia. From six offices across Essex and Suffolk - including the brand new 14,000 sq ft A12 Commercial Hub at J25 of the A12 - our 140 legal industry professionals work in partnership with clients to provide truly proactive legal services through personal relationships.
Acting as a trusted advisor to individuals, businesses and local authorities, the solicitors and support staff at Holmes & Hills take the time to understand clients’ objectives before delivering practical advice through a personal and accessible approach.
We apologise, but due to the volume of applications we are currently receiving, we may not always be able to respond to unsuccessful applicants.