Tom works with local authorities and private companies to provide an outstanding level of planning law advice.
As a member of Holmes & Hills planning and development team, Tom works closely with developers, property owners and local councils to draft agreements, assist in court claims and provide specialist, tailored advice.
Tom has a wealth of experience advising clients on all areas of Planning Law. In addition, Tom specialises in advising on Environmental and Highways Law. Toms areas of specialism include:
- Section 106 Agreements
- Enforcement notices
- Applications for certificates of lawfulness
- Listed buildings orders
- Tree preservation orders
- Planning applications and planning permissions
Tom joined Holmes & Hills’ growing Planning & Development Team in Summer 2013 having previously held positions as Principal Solicitor at Colchester Borough Council and Head of Planning at another regional law firm.
Toms work highlights include:
- Drafting a complex s106 agreement for a development on former agricultural land which provides for approximately 370 new dwellings with a total of over £1.5 million contributions.
- Drafting and negotiating a complex s106 agreement on a site with major heritage assets with total contributions in excess of £5million towards upgrades to infrastructure and renovation works to heritage assets.
- Successfully applying for a Certificate of Lawful Use in relation to a commercial livery business where the original application was mishandled by another agent.
Tom is based at Holmes & Hills Solicitors in Braintree but will soon be based at Holmes & Hills Solicitors' new regional Head Office - the A12 Commercial Hub - in Marks Tey, Colchester.